Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Texas
If you are a boat owner and reside in Texas, you may have many questions when it comes to insuring your investment. If you plan on taking it out along the lake or river, you need to make sure that you are properly protected. We offer various coverage options to protect your boat or other watercraft here at Brooks Cannon Insurance Group.
Boat Insurance Requirements
There are no laws in Texas that legally require boat owners to obtain insurance. However, you may still want to consider obtaining insurance if you own a personal watercraft, boat, or jet ski since certain marinas may require proof. Boat insurance is the only security you have if your boat were to become damaged as a result of an accident or other incident.
Boat Insurance Coverage
Consider the following coverage options to protect your boat or other watercraft:
- Property damage and bodily injury liability- These both protect you against bodily injury and property damage if you are a boat owner and involved in an accident. This coverage will also take care of any legal expenses if a lawsuit is filed against you.
- Medical payments- With this coverage, you can choose a limit to obtain protection for no-fault medical expenses for injuries you sustained as a result of an accident.
- Agreed value coverage- If you experience a total loss of your boat, the agreed value of your boat will be paid. No need to worry about your boat depreciating.
- Replacement cost coverage- If you suffer a boat loss within the first 3 years following your purchase, this coverage will replace your boat even if the price is a bit higher than the original.
- All-Risk coverage- In the event of any physical damage to your boat, this coverage will pay for those damages including damage from fire, or storms.
To obtain a quote, please visit Brooks Cannon Insurance Group today. We serve all of Texas.